- Operations (Ops, Finance, Government Affairs, & HR) - Administration
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefits package available
CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. CEDIA currently has an opening for a Finance Manager.
Position is responsible for the performance of financial reporting and transactions for CEDIA's US operations:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the month end reconciliation process for the team including but not limited to reconciling and/or the review of cash, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Deferred Revenue, Prepaid Expenses, Investments and Other assets/liabilities
- Preparation of the monthly Financial Statements (i.e., Balance Sheet, Income Statement for all entities and departments) and Dashboards for Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and Department Heads, as applicable
- Assist in the design and implementation of internal controls and processes for the accounting and finance department. Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Review/prepare monthly journal entries (i.e., payroll, investments, deferred income, membership revenue allocation, suspense account allocations, postage allocations, etc.)
- Perform initial review of the monthly trial balance and financial statements for accuracy
- Process and/or Review wires/ACHs for banks as necessary.
- Process the monthly investment portfolio entries
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior management
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets including supporting the management team on development of the annual budget process
- Serve as a back-up for all Accounts Payable transactions (bi-weekly check run and manual/wire payments). Work with the team and assist in the daily activity of Accounts Payable (i.e. review, answer questions, etc.).
- Serve as a back-up for all Sales (Accounts Receivable) and Cash receipts into GP Dynamics as necessary. Work with and assist in the daily activity of Accounts Receivable/cash receipts.
- Assist the Senior Director of Finance and outside auditors with completing of audit schedules/reports, pulling audit selections, and preparing audited financial statements and tax returns as applicable
- Research all department, vendor, and customer/member inquiries as requested.
- Assist the Senior Director of Finance in other department tasks as requested.
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities to start. Potential in future.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 5+ years accounting or finance experience. CPA with public accounting experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial management required
- Experience with non-profit accounting and Microsoft Dynamics GP strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Communication Skills: Ability to understand written procedures and policies. Normal capabilities in cross departmental communications regarding Finance department issues impacting other departments.
- Planning & Organizing: Effectively implements and monitors moderately complex plans/schedules, such that tasks/projects are consistently completed on time and in accordance with objectives. Recognizes problems and takes corrective action to prevent undesirable outcomes.
- Mathematical Skills: Excellent understanding of concepts of general accounting and understand accrual-based accounting, database management, and invoicing. Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and develop reports on department metrics
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills.
- Supervision: Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and support the development of the finance team.