- - Education
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefits package
CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. We currently are expanding our Education Department and have an opening for an Instructional Designer.
This position will be responsible for helping to oversee, create, manage, design, develop, and maintain CEDIA's online curriculum. This curriculum is housed within a Learning Management System, and this position will support the design and development of learning and practicing experiences within courses that are placed in pathways within CEDIA's LMS. A portfolio of work will be required for perusal prior to interviewing.
- Develop and edit simple to moderately complex media objects to be embedded into learning solutions (graphics, audio and video clips, etc.)
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product
- Work to ensure adequate instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts has occurred when designing classes
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Support and help manage the execution of CEDIA's online education product roadmap to fulfill the organization's mission of creating a well-trained workforce in the industry it represents
- Design and create engaging learning activities and compelling course content utilizing instructional design tools such as: Rise, Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia
- Direct the design, development, and maintenance of a variety of course materials for programs including, but not limited to, session plans, presentation files, course guides, resources, handouts, hands-on activities, and quizzes
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods
- Work closely with staff, volunteers, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to design, develop, and maintain a variety of online curriculum including lectures, workshops, learning labs, hands-on, and other types of learning experiences and training.
- Support the learning initiatives driven by the Senior Director of Education, overseen by the Director of Curriculum
- In conjunction with CEDIA's Curriculum Manager, be accountable for the overall learning experience in course design, including curriculum audits and streamlining to meet the needs of members using participant feedback and industry-recognized methods
- Create training solutions from new or existing content which use best-suited instructional methods
- Manage the structure and updating of training materials via the CEDIA SharePoint File Sharing website
- Support as needed, operational IT projects to improve end user experience with curriculum resources
- Attend education meetings as requested and travel to CEDIA events when needed
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality programs, curriculum, events, and positive member experiences.
This position does not currently have supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (instructional design preferred); with 5-7 years related experience; Master's degree preferred
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System (LMS)
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard and/or effectively outline into modules
- Must possess online teaching and instructional design experience, or related experience and/or training
- Must present a portfolio of work showcasing prior instructional design projects
- Must possess strong written, analytical, and organizational skills, and the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Volunteer Management experience preferred
- Communication Skills: Must communicate well with customers, volunteers, team members, and others as needed. Ability to problem solve by way of understanding needs and communicating solutions effectively. Ability to support the communication process involved with coordinating speakers, content and volunteers.
- Planning & Organizing: Ability to organize departmental curriculum needs effectively. Ability to assist the Education department in strategically planning CEDIA's educational offerings. Ability to manage processes between departments and between CEDIA and outside organizations.
- Mathematical Skills: Possess basic computational understanding.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Understands the concept of working with volunteers and understands how to navigate the needs of the organization as well as its members.
CEDIA offers a competitive benefits package to include: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, paid holidays, PTO, 401K, smart casual dress policy and a creative, innovative work environment.