Senior Director of Finance
- Operations (Ops, Finance, Government Affairs, & HR) - Administration
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefits package
CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. We currently are expanding our Operations Department and have an immediate need for a Senior Director of Finance.
Position is responsible for financial planning, financial forecasting, budgeting and results analysis, including financial results and key performance indicators for a global not for profit association. The Sr. Director of Finance works with the CEO in directing the financial activities of the association to provide all objectives detailed in the CEDIA Strategic Plan and any other special services by performing the following duties personally or through the CEDIA professional staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management oversight and responsibility for all financial functions and oversees all revenues, costs, capital expenditures, investments, and debt.
- Works closely in a collaborative and participative manner with the Chief Operations Officer as a member of the management team.
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of financial activities, including creation of policies to support global alignment and financial priorities.
- Leads the development of operational and financial plans in conjunction with leadership to achieve targeted results and ensure maximization of long-term growth and ROI.
- Oversees and manages accounting, investments, the annual budget, strategic financial planning, cash flow management, financial reporting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Manages the tax, treasury, and audit activities within the association. Responsible for ensuring financial reports are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Establishes and maintains appropriate internal control safeguards. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements. Maintains financial and accounting system controls consistent with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Monitors all necessary regulations concerning the association's tax-exempt status.
- Prepares and distributes financial reports and analyzes the monthly, quarterly, and annual finances to the Chief Operations Officer in preparations for presentation to the Board of Directors. Delivers standardized executive reports to the Chief Operations Officer and Treasurer with a focus on identifying and communicating risks, opportunities, and trends. This includes, but is not limited to, variance analysis on revenue, expense, cash flow, cost controls, project plans, and key performance indicators.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve financial and business results with timely financial analysis, benchmarking, and industry analysis.
- Responsible for production of the organization's annual budget, working directly with department heads on planning and producing a final budget draft to present to the Chief Operations Officer for presentation to the Treasurer and Board of Directors.
Manages the Accounting Coordinator, Finance Manager US, and Finance Manager (EMEA). Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. At least 5 years accounting or finance experience in a senior financial role and 5 years of supervisory experience. CPA and previous controller and/or CFO experience are required.
Must have a working knowledge of all facets of the financial function as they pertain to accounting, cash flow management, taxation, and banking, investments. Thorough understanding of non-profit accounting, bookkeeping, and financial management requirements needed. Experience with CRM and Microsoft Dynamics (GP) functionality, integration and operating backend services.
- Communication Skills: Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals. Able to communicate and motivate via written media, phone or in person. Must have the ability to utilize persuasive communication techniques. Must be able to motivate members of their team through their communication style.
- Planning & Organizing: Planning & Organizing: Assigns priorities to multiple competing and important activities quickly and effectively. Is always planful and prepared, anticipates the impact of industry trends, and develops strategic plans in the best interest of the company.
- Mathematical Skills: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and then present straightforward solutions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CEDIA offers a competitive benefits package to include: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, paid holidays, PTO, 401K, smart casual dress policy and a creative, innovative work environment.