- - Operations (Ops, Finance, Government Affairs, & HR)
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefits package
CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. CEDIA currently has an opening for an IT Manager.
This position will be responsible for the operations, maintenance and execution of all IT initiatives at CEDIA headquarters under the direction of the VP of IT. This includes the support and maintenance of existing applications, network infrastructure and development of new technical solutions. A professional demeanor and the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment are also vital components of this position. The essential duties of the position are as follows:
- Monitors and performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure integrity and efficiency of the internal network infrastructure to include Layer 2 Cisco switches, Cisco firewalls and Trend Micro virus protection.
- Responsible for the discovery, mitigation and documentation of information technology risks. Responsible for the completion of risk management reports.
- Troubleshoots and assists users with any technology issues they may encounter with software applications, phones, copiers & other technologies, answering questions by applying knowledge of computer software, hardware and procedures.
- Checks for common causes of trouble, such as loose cable connections or obviously defective components. Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Works with the VP of IT to review and analyze hardware and software needs and recommends changes and upgrades.
- Manages network operations to include: troubleshooting connectivity problems; installing and maintaining switches access and other network devices. Adding and terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing e-mail addresses; assessing and reporting operational status; performing backups and restores.
- Manages the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the organization's local area network hardware and software. Manages and maintains CEDIA's Microsoft office 365 tenant, Azure environment and on-premise Windows server farm.
- Ensures compliance with all software licensing agreements. Manages and safeguards software media and associated licenses. Tracks software versions. Maintains centralized software use log.
- Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated and processed.
- Presents and implements technological alternatives to streamline functions and improve productivity.
- Develops and maintains technology policies, standards and procedures documentation; develops and maintains related technology checklists in conjunction with the VP of IT's overall business strategy.
- Manages technology hardware inventory to include procurement and disposal.
- Coordinates all facets of phone services including contract renewal, regular maintenance, service orders and billing.
- Stays well informed on industry specific trending models and attends Information technology trade shows to learn about innovations and new trends. As well as, involvement and membership of local and/or national technology organizations/associations.
- Willingness to be on call and to work long hours if necessary, in case of major infrastructure issues.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the organization and adheres to all organizational standards and business goals.
- Keeps VP of IT well-informed of activities and recommends corrective actions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires someone with experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies. This person should be adept at communicating technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. This position requires an individual skilled in learning new technologies and applying analytical and problem-solving skills. This person should be proficient in Office 365 and the associated Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or two years of management and/or military experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of members and employees of the association.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Understands the concept of working with volunteers.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media