Workforce Development Coordinator
- - Education
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefits package
CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. We currently have an opportunity for a Workforce Development Coordinator.
The Workforce Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating various aspects of CEDIA's workforce development programs and initiatives. The Workforce Development Coordinator will provide administrative and program support to the Director of Workforce Development, Workforce Development Manager, as well as other members of CEDIA's Education Team. The Workforce Development Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Researching and contacting government agencies, community-based organizations, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media, and other sources of jobseekers.
- Assisting with the marketing, promotion, and administration of community outreach, training, certification, and career development programs, events, and activities.
- Coordinating departmental tasks and support for CEDIA EXPO, the association's annual trade show that often has more than 20,000 attendees.
- Scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Preparing documents for meetings, appointments, and business trips.
- Taking notes and minutes in meetings.
- Traveling domestically for meetings, trainings, and events.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Communication Skills: Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required. Ability to interact with people from a diverse array of backgrounds and experiences.
- Planning & Organizing: Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines. Keeps appropriate people well informed of plans, progress and decisions. Recognizes problems and take corrective action to prevent undesirable outcomes.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic computational skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution. A strategic thinker. Flexibility to work in both a sole and group work environment.
- Possess a positive attitude, good customer service skills, a stellar work ethic, and a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Able to think creatively and strategically; demonstrate excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds; able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Able to work flexible hours, including occasional evening and weekend requirements.
- Possess knowledge of basic technology equipment and applications, along with an ability and willingness to learn required skills.
- Able to independently lift items up to 20 pounds; capable of sitting, standing, and using office equipment and computers for extended periods of time.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a reliable and insured motor vehicle.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous administrative and program support experience required.
- Previous experience in community outreach, talent acquisition, or workforce development helpful.
CEDIA offers a competitive benefits package to include: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, paid holidays, PTO, 401K, smart casual dress policy and a creative, innovative work environment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media