Meetings and Events Planner
- - Education
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefits package
CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. We currently have an opportunity for a Meeting and Events Planner.
Working within the scope of the association or non-profit sector, a meetings and events planner plans and executes conferences for local, regional, national, and international attendees, which may include exhibits and offsite programs. Duties typically include the development of program content to encourage membership retention and growth. The Meetings and Events Planner will be responsible for the following:
- Consult with key stakeholders to determine program's goals, objectives and budget.
- Research, recommend and select meeting sites and activities that support objectives.
- Initiate proposals with vendors; negotiate and manage vendors and contracts.
- Develop meeting specifications including banquet event orders and work plans including timeline and budget.
- Coordinate and manage pre-planning meetings with project team; coordinate all information for meetings and events and disseminate appropriately.
- Coordinate logistics planning including agenda/program development, food and beverage menu selections, air and ground transportation arrangements, registration and housing process and audiovisual/technical needs.
- Track meeting and event expenditures to stay within or below budget.
- Track attendance, registration, hotel history and attendee satisfaction.
- Prepare and compile routine and ad hoc status reports on group activities, such as meeting statistics and metrics.
- Coordinate with all vendors to ensure services and materials are professional and appropriately reflect company standards.
- Complete checklists for event to ensure proper execution.
- Provide occasional onsite management of meetings and events to include oversight of vendors.
- Implement contingency plans as needed onsite.
- Troubleshoot and solve onsite problems seamlessly.
- Complete post-event tasks including reconciliation of expenses, evaluation of event and report on meeting results.
- Works under supervision and direction of a supervisor. A moderate degree of creativity, discretion and latitude is required.
- Travel is also required.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via written media, phone or in person.
- Planning & Organizing: Ability to stay organized in a role that varies day to day and requires individual to transition between from one project to another many times in a given day. Ability to identify roadblocks to a project's success and seek out effective solutions with limited direction.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic computational skills
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to implement standardized operating procedures and follow clear directions, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience. Minimum three years of related experience in the meeting industry.
- Project, event, and member support are required for this position. Direct personnel supervision, outside of occasional temporary staff supervision, is not a requirement.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
CEDIA offers a competitive benefits package to include: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, paid holidays, PTO, 401K, smart casual dress policy and a creative, innovative work environment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media