- Operations (Ops, Finance, Government Affairs, & HR) - Administration
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefits package
CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. CEDIA currently has an opening for an Accounting Coordinator.
The primary purpose for the Accounting Coordinator is to provide accounting process transaction support for the Finance Department. The following are the essential functions for the position:
- Accounts Payable
- Review, prepare, and input all invoices for payment
- Process checks after printing for signature; prepare and mail
- Prepare and record outgoing wire transfers
- Research and resolve discrepancies
- Accounts Receivable
- Process and record all receivable transactions
- Process credit card payments and credits
- Prepare bank deposits
- Responsible for maintaining invoice records and the collection of past due invoices. Work with Finance Manager on collection calls
- Obtain all online credit card processing reports
- Work with departments to reconcile credit card payments, event registration, and education reports
- Download and process American Express credit card transactions monthly
- Run monthly AMEX detail activity reports and send to all cardholders (for submission of receipts)
- Enter manual payments/wires into GP Dynamics
- Set up new vendors in Aptify / GP Dynamics as needed; request W9 for new vendors
- Respond/handle all membership/vendor inquiries
- Assist with monthly close process
- Assist in tasks assigned for annual audit to include accounts payable and receivable confirmations, bank confirmations, assist in reconciling general ledger accounts as assigned, assist auditors in gathering and researching items as assigned
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies during the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process
- Assist with composing outgoing correspondence as requested
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in Accounting or Finance or 1-3 years accounting transaction experience. Experience with corporate financial accounting software is a plus.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Planning & Organizing: Effectively prioritizes own work such that they are prepared and able to meet work objectives. Keeps appropriate people informed about progress on tasks/projects.
- Mathematical Skills: Understanding of concepts of general accounting and understand accrual-based accounting, database management, and invoicing.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media