Director of Technical Training
- - Education
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefits package
CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. We currently are expanding our Education Department and have an immediate need for a Director of Technical Training.
This position is responsible for overseeing the successful management of all technical training related initiatives, including the delivery of technical content as well as the securing and monitoring of contracted technical training instructors. This position is also responsible for the successful delivery of direct technical training content at all off-site and on-site locations, either by their own instruction or instruction facilitated by the contracted instructors. They will have following responsibilities:
- Deliver face-to-face and instructor- led online training instruction derived from curriculum specific to the industry or profession of the association's members. Act as proponent of the resident A/V and smart home industry and liaison to students and members. This can include travel (up to 60%) and weekend instruction. The training format ranges from 60-minute sessions to three full-day, hands-on training.
- Supervise the work of the contracted technical trainers, including management of all facets of the instruction provided by those trainers.
- Coordinate with staff and volunteer groups' plans to ensure alignment with department goals and manage the implantation of education delivery.
- Support curriculum development by serving as a subject matter expert and advising, developing, writing, and updating presentations and courseware as needed.
- Assist with the review and evaluation of technical curriculum for accuracy and adequacy for education materials including presentations, courseware, eCourses, online resources and activities, and white papers. Provide feedback from course delivery so that instruction and content can be continuously improved.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications and staying current with technological advancements of the industry.
- Recommend and assist in the development of appropriate training material and curriculum using adult learning principles, as well as various delivery options such as eLearning, classroom training, and blended learning.
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of the organization's training modules, bootcamps, and on-the-road offerings, making changes as needed to better serve learners and improve outcomes
- Work with appropriate staff and vendors to procure and purchase equipment for training events as needed, maintain inventory of all equipment, and follow proper procedures for returning equipment and reporting in-kind donations internally.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality education programs and positive member experiences.
- Demonstrate competency with a variety of computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience using webinar and eLearning applications, as well as course authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, or similar instructional design tools.
- Demonstrate a strong level of audience awareness and engagement.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training, preferably in the consumer electronics or custom electronics field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced technical knowledge in the custom electronics field including cabling, audio, video, integration, automation, and IT/networking.
- Prior management experience.
- Extensive adult training delivery and classroom management experience.
- Small business or electronics business experience either in an ownership or management capacity, or in a training capacity highly recommended.
- Ability to identify with a collaborative, fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial, bottom-line driven association.
- Ability to work flexible and off-campus work schedules (evenings and weekends possible).
CEDIA offers a competitive benefits package to include: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, paid holidays, PTO, 401K, smart casual dress policy and a creative, innovative work environment.