Senior Director of Technology and Innovation
- - Education
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefits package
CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. We currently are expanding our Education Department and have an immediate need for a Senior Director of Technology and Innovation.
This position will be responsible planning, developing and implementing educational programs for CEDIA members and potential new clients. They will have following responsibilities:
- Actively monitor the industry, through reading various news sources, meeting manufacturers, attending seminars and symposiums to research and gather information for education and certification content.
- Will from time to time be required to speak on behalf of CEDIA at high-profile events and keynotes regarding technical and market research driven topics as well as a resource for media technical inquiries.
- Collaborate with the Technology and Standards department to ensure curriculum accurately represents industry standards and best practices
- Responsible for on the road education technology equipment needs and logistics
- Serve as one of CEDIA's technical resources to consumer and trade media
- Develop business and strategic plans for CEDIA initiatives as mandated by the Board of Directors
- Liaise with Professional Development Advisory Committee and Technology Advisory Council on emerging technologies necessary for education and certification
- Effectively manage volunteer working groups; ensuring they meet expected outcomes in a timely fashion
- Teach classes and speak at events as needed on behalf of CEDIA
- Track and manage technologies at CEDIA Headquarters as it relates to the education and certification technology needs.
- Supports CEDIA Staff with AV and Integration building systems, managing service needs and planning for future technology updates and additions.
- Due to the size and nature of the technological systems within the CEDIA Headquarters building, this position will need to manage the technology, support staff and develop a plan for future equipment updates.
- Conduct Professional Development for CEDIA staff.
*** Dotted line for the Technical Trainers to ensure that they are technically proficient ***
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience in the field and have familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Must have demonstrated through education or experience the ability to manage projects, skilled at multi-tasking and working with peers and volunteers.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journal, technical procedures and regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, volunteers and the general public.
- Planning & Organizing: Provides high level value in helping groups plan, organize, and coordinate their work effectively. Is prepared for, anticipates, and effectively deals with problems and roadblocks.
- Mathematical Skills: Appropriate mathematical skills as accomplished in a four-year degree, including algebra, geometry and trigonometry. Basic understanding of financial concepts related to budgeting and business performance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to work well under the volunteer structure. Adept at conflict resolution.
CEDIA offers a competitive benefits package to include: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, paid holidays, PTO, 401K, smart casual dress policy and a creative, innovative work environment.